Monday, May 7, 2012

Mini Caramel Rolls

Yes I know that my pictures sucks of this lovely little treat. It came off my phone this weekend. I forgot my good camera, I forgot my ok camera so all I had was my crappy cell phone camera. So sue me. I ran out of the door with ten million things on my mind and the main one was I've got to get to the cabin! I promise to update it the next time I make this sweet treat, but it was way to EASY and WONDERFUL not to share so I improvised.

If you are hear for my food pictures you might have come to the wrong place. I try and do the best I can but I haven't mastered the art of food photography. Sometimes they suck, sometimes they are ok and sometimes I amaze myself and think wow that really is pretty decent!

These Mini Caramel Rolls use a crescent roll to make them super simple and amazing so if you are looking for a quick weekend treat or before school treat these can be whipped up in a jiff!


Mini Caramel Rolls
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. butter, cubed
2 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp milk
1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved. Pour into a greased 9 in pie plate. Set aside.

2. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch the seams together.

3. Cut each into 9 slices; place cut side down in prepared pie plate.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in a pie plate for 1 minute before inverting onto serving plate.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM , Blogger LB said...

In step 2 you say: Separate crescent dough into for rectangles

Do you mean four rectangles?

TY for the recipe... it looks super simple. DH loves cinnamon rolls, I think I might make these for Father's Day :)

 
At May 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

I've made these many times and they are certainly a favorite! MMM! Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Blogger YummyInspirations said...

Yum! Would love these for breakfast! I'd love you to share this at Breakfast Ideas Mondays - http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/05/nutella-cinnamon-porridge-and-breakfast.html :)

 
At May 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I'd love to make these for brunch...they look so cute and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

 
At June 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Blogger LB said...

I made these today, and they were so good!! I used dark corn syrup, don't think it made a difference? They didn't fill up my pie plate, but that only meant more caramely goodness to go around :D Very easy to make!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home