Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Brownies

Do you love chocolate? Are you a self confessed chocoholic? Then you are going to love these bars!

I'll admit that I don't cater to the chocoholics that read this blog due to the fact I can't have chocolate, or rather not to much. I did sneak a bite of these little babies though so I can report back that they are fantastic and rich!

These bars are simple and easy. The biggest pain was unwrapping the caramels although I heard they have a new invention and you don't have to unwrap the caramels. I can't wait to check for those next time I buy caramels. I had to use these up first! I brought the bars to work and I'm pretty sure I saw one of my co-workers walking out with three of them from the kitchen! These would be amazing with a scoop of ice cream too!





Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Chocolate Caramel Brownies

Ingredients
2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided (5 oz)
1 package caramels
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
12 oz chocolate chips

1. Melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk on stove top. Set aside to cool.

2. Mix cake mix, 3/4 c. melted butter and 1/3 c. evaporated milk

3. Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.

4. Take out of oven and pour chocolate chips and caramel mixture on top. Then top with remaining cake mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

5. Remove and let set before serving. Make sure they cool completely or they are a mess! Stick them in the fridge or freezer if you get impatient!

Recipe from: What's Cookin' with the Johnstons

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

What a great treat!
I'd love a slice or two :)

 
At May 3, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Ivy and Elephants said...

I am here salivating. I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious post. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join us.
Paula
Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Made these for Secret Recipe Club today!! A huge hit at the office and with my ever expanding waistline (from eating too many!) Was fun to find your blog and see we live in the same great state!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home