Monday, April 16, 2012

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

For Christmas my nephew request chocolate chip cookies for part of his present. I figured with so many goodies around at Christmas time I'd save it for another time and put an "IOU" in his Christmas present. Well finally four months later I'm delivering on my present!

I've been looking for a chocolate chip cookie that stayed soft and I think I finally found it! This little bugger is so soft and it reminds me a little of the "Soft Batch" chocolate chip cookies. Once I knew this recipe was going to turn out I loaded a plate up my nephew and sent him a picture message asking if I should share with him. He of course, replied with a YES!

His dad happened to be over and I told him I'd send them home with his dad. His quick reply was, "No I'll come over and get them because I'm going to a friends house by your house." He then informed me that he didn't think they would make it home if he gave them to his dad! Don't worry his dad got a full belly worth of cookies also!




Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1/4 c. sugar
1 (4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Combine flour and baking soda. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening, pudding mix, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until well blended.

3. Add eggs and mix well. Beat in the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on pan and then remove to cooling rack.



Recipe from: Food.com


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Soft chocolate chip cookies are my favorite!! I bet I could eat the whole batch of these, they look amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home