Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Macaroni Salad

The hubby has requested this salad since were were married I think. I had some leftover ham in the fridge so I decided to attempt this recipe. It really wasn't an "attempt" as it's a pretty simple recipe, but this was round two on it!

The first time I made this I didn't have his mother's recipe and he just didn't think it tasted right so after that I learned, always get the original! I bugged his sister and she delivered so I had the actual recipe this time.

I'm proud to say his whole face lit up when he saw that I had made this salad. This salad must be his favorite because he even remembers his mom made it for graduation! He then quickly dished himself an entire bowl and snuck off to the basement to watch his "shows" and enjoy the salad.

This would be perfect for all your summer grilling and time at the lake!


Macaroni Salad
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
16 oz shell macaroni (boiled with 1 Tbsp oil)
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp onion salt
1 pt salad dressing
3/4 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
1 pkg frozen peas, rinsed with warm water
Diced ham


1. Boil shell macaroni according to directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. Mix together celery salt, onion salt, salad dressing, mustard, seasoning salt in large bowl. Add noodles, cheddar cheese, peas and ham. Mix well. Chill until serving.

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 18, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I look forward to trying this :)

 
At April 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM , Anonymous Jen @ Juanita's Cocina said...

Oy. Childhood memories just flooded back for me!

Pinning and can't wait to try!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great recipe to try! Please forgive me for sounding dumb, but I have a few questions...1-when you say "salad dressing", do you mean mayonnaise? 2-by "mustard", do you mean just the regular yellow mustard? 3-what is your favorite brand of season salt? Thank you!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Salad Dressing - I used Miracle Whip, but it's a personal preference and you can also use mayonnaise!
Mustard - Is yellow mustard. Not the dry mustard.
Seasoning Salt - My favorite is Lowry's, but each to their own!

Hope this helps!

 
At April 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Krista said...

I love peas in pasta salad! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & please come back soon ~EMM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home