Friday, April 13, 2012

Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

Back when I was young aka during high school I worked at a gas station for many years. During these years I ate a ton of Reese's Piece Peanut Butter Cookies that I used to bake there. In fact we always accidentally "broke" a few so we could eat these. They were soft and chewy and the outside would get a bit crunchy. I still drool whenever I see them when I go to the gas station.

I've been on the hunt of a recipe for cookies like this and this is the closest that I have come to finding a comparable recipe. The cookies stay nice and soft and chewy even a few days old. Once again this is a must in my book!




Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe


Ingredients

Cookies
3 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. butter, room temperature
1/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. Reese's Pieces

Peanut Butter Mixture
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. butter, room temperature
1/4 c. honey

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the ingredients for the peanut butter mixture.

2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl cream the butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well after each one. Add vanilla and the peanut butter mixture. Add the flour mixture by the cupful and beat at a low speed until fully mixed. Mix in the Reese's Pieces.

3. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough onto sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11minutes. They won't look quit done but this will keep them soft! Remove from oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove to a cooking rack.

Recipe from: The Spiffy Cookie


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Carrie's Sweet Life said...

I love reeses pieces not sure why I never thought to put them in cookies.

 
At April 16, 2012 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Working there would have been dangerous for my waistline! These cookies look awesome!

 
At April 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

My favorite candy!! I have to make these. I may have to swing by the store on the way home from work...lol Megan

 
At April 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Janie said...

Yum! I've never had a Reese's Pieces cookie before - and I'm not sure why!? I love RP and PB :)

Stopping by from Mix It Up Monday! Pinned to share.

 
At April 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Amber said...

I am pinning these to try soon! I love Reese's Pieces so I know these will be amazing! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home