Monday, April 23, 2012

Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches

It's once again time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal day! For those of you that aren't familiar with this little group, which is now a large group, every month we are assigned a blog and we get to pick a recipe from that blog, then try it out and write about it. We "reveal" what blog we were assigned and what recipe we picked on the same day. It's a great way to find new blogs and try new recipes!

This time I was assigned Creative Kitchen. I saw these Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches and I was instantly craving them. The funny thing is I didn't really think I liked Egg Salad, but yet I couldn't get them off my mind. I'm going to blame weird pregnancy cravings for this one. I'm glad I tried them out because they were great and I look forward to making them in the future!



Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches

Ingredients
7 eggs, hard boiled & shelled
4 T mayo
2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
Squirt yellow mustard
1/4 minced/grated sweet onion
Salt, pepper & paprika to taste

1. Separate yolks from whites. Place yolks in medium sized container. Mash them and add in mayo, vinegar, dry mustard, yellow mustard, sweet onion, salt, pepper and paprika.

2. Dice egg whites and place in a separate bowl. Mix with egg yolks and refrigerate.

3. Eat plain, on a bun or with crackers.

Recipe From: Creative Kitchen

Labels:

13 Comments:

At April 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Teri said...

I love egg salad, and this one looks delicious!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I love egg salad but never make it. I wonder why! Now I can't get this off my mind either. I'm going home tonight and boiling up some eggs. Thanks!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Chelsy Ethridge said...

Nothing better than egg salad!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Denise @ Creative Kitchen said...

Hi Julie!

So glad I got to discover your blog, and that you enjoyed the deviled egg sandwich. I love deviled eggs but just not eating plain hard boiled eggs. They're okay, but I'd take a deviled egg anytime.

Nice to meet you!

Denise @ Creative Kitchen

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

I love egg salad these ones look especially delicious!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Jennifer {Mother Thyme} said...

I want this for lunch! This looks fabulous! Great recipe for SRC! :)

 
At April 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM , Anonymous Devon @ deli-cute-essen said...

Great SRC pick. I must say I love your blog design, layout and font. It looks super pretty.

 
At April 23, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We always have to make two dozen "Party Eggs" on Easter to have enough for everyone. One batch has curry and the other batch is topped with olives. I never thought to take those same flavors and turn them into egg salad, I usually just add pickle relish. We have a ton of eggs around our house, so I'll be trying the onion and vinegar in the next batch.

Group C Rocks!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger wendyweekendgourmet said...

I love deviled eggs. so why not a sandwich version? Great pick...so glad to be in SRC with you, mama!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

Wow I can't believe I have never thought to put deviled eggs IN a sandwich! Awesome!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Ah egg salad...reminds me of my childhood. You are making me crave it now too! The sandwiches look so cute on the rolls. I think I might need to take blast to the past and make some egg salad soon.

 
At April 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger heidi said...

Great looking little snacks!

 
At April 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Eliotseats said...

I'm craving them now too. This is a genius idea to combine the great flavors of deviled eggs into an egg salad! Great SRC post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home