Friday, May 11, 2012

Lemonies

When you bite into these little brownies it's like a lemon exploded in your mouth. They are absolutely wonderful. Soft and chewy with a sweet glaze. And to me nothing says "summer" like lemon. I think that's why I made these. I really want summer to officially be here that's for sure. It's like March was beautiful, April was rainy, May is windy...maybe better luck in June?

The hubby isn't such a big fan of lemon, so he didn't give his approval on these. I brought them in for the coworkers to try and they on the other hand loved them. I might have, just might have snuck the pan back into my office when there was one left so I could hoard the last one. True story.

So if you are looking for a yummy dessert to welcome in summer these are calling your name!



Lemonies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Brownies
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter, soft
2 eggs
Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
Zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)

Glaze
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Additional lemon zest

1. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix in softened butter.

2. In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest. Add to the larger bowl and mix well.

3. Pour into a prepared 8x8 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.

*Double the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Bake 28-30 minutes

Recipe from: Rita's Recipes


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

How delicious! I can taste them just by looking. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home