Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chili's Copycat Salsa

Salsa is one of those things I've always wanted to make, but have never had enough guts or ambition. I even bought this little Tupperware gadget to make salsa last summer. It sat in a box, neglected and gathering dust in my basement closet.

I'm so glad I finally took a leap and it! Sure some of the ingredients do come from cans and I hope to graduate to a garden this summer and fresh salsa from that, but in the meantime I'm quite satisfied with this little recipe. Plus fresh salsa in the winter? What a great thing!

I loved this salsa because it has the hint of lime in it that so many restaurants have in their salsas. I'm always a sucker for the chips and salsa that some restaurants give you. This did not let me down!


Chili's Copycat Salsa Recipe
 Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, drained
1 small (4 oz) can diced jalapenos
1/4 c. yellow onion
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp lime juice

1. Place all ingredients together into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth

2. Serve with tortilla chips


Recipe from: Six Sister's Stuff

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2012 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Lauren's Latest said...

Love a good salsa!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home