Monday, April 9, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken

I've come to the conclusion you guys all like recipe with interesting titles. Maybe I should rename this recipe just to get your attention...

Do you want to know how I came to this conclusion? It's because the famous "Crack Dip" that I just posted a few weeks ago has the most page views of any recipe on this blog. So yes it is a pretty amazing recipe but I've made other pretty amazing recipes that haven't got nearly that much attention. I think I'm onto something hear. So I'm going to rename this recipe "Heroin Chicken"...just kidding! I don't think that would go over quite as well somehow. Of course maybe I could name it Opium Poppy Seed Chicken because word has it on the street that if you take a drug test after eating Poppy Seeds it will come up positive for Opiates.

I'm a Minnesotan and I always love a good hot dish so this caught my eye right away. It was pretty easy to whip up after work and it made plenty so we had leftovers. I love leftovers. In fact I'm eating this for lunch right now.

So go make this dish and give it some love even though it doesn't have quite as great of a name as the "Crack Dip" did!



Poppy Seed Chicken
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup sour cream
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 T poppy seeds
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp celery salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil raw chicken breasts for 20 minutes. Let chicken cool slightly and cut into one inch cubes. Place cubed chicken in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
3. Stir together the condensed soup and sour cream. Add the Worcestershire, celery salt, garlic, lemon juice, and pepper to the soup and sour cream mixture. Pour over the chicken.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers, poppy seeds and melted butter. Sprinkle over the chicken and sauce.

5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned and the sauce is bubbly. Serve plain or over rice.

Recipe From: The Girl Who Ate Everything

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats said...

My aunt makes poppy seed chicken too. SO good!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home