Monday, November 21, 2011

Smashed Potatoes

It's time for another Secret Recipe Club Reveal! This month I was assigned Kate's Kitchen. This blog is full of all kinds of great and unique recipes. I mean TONS of recipes! I choose the Smashed Grilled Potatoes.

If you aren't familiar with the Secret Recipe Club it's a group and we have a "reveal" group. We each get assigned a random blog from the group, we visit the blog, pick out a recipe, make it and then write a blog post about it. Then we all reveal our posts on the same day. It's fun and we get to check out new blogs we might not have found every month!

I'm always look for different side dishes for week night suppers so when I saw this recipe I knew it was right up my alley. I had to adapt it a little because, well I live in Minnesota and it's November and this equals not great grilling weather! I am looking forward to trying these out on the grill next summer. These would be easy to do while camping also. Feel free to use whatever seasonings or spices you'd like on your potatoes. Like sour cream? Top it with that when they are done!



Smashed Potatoes
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
3 potatoes
Olive Oil
Seasoned Salt
Grated Parmesan Cheese

1. Clean potatoes, make several cuts in them, and microwave for 6-7 minutes, or until fork tender. Watch them carefully if you microwave them to long they will shrivel up! No one likes a shriveled potato. Don't want to microwave? Feel free to boil that potatoes instead. I just figure it's faster and I'm always looking for short cuts!

2. Take the potatoes and put them onto a baking sheet. Smash them with a fork a little. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle seasoned salt or whatever you would like on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

3. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hi Julie :-) Well, you picked one of my favorites! We love these and the individual potato gratins too. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Kate

 
At November 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

I'm always looking for new side dishes too. This looks like a perfect addition to most any meal.
Great SRC post.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

Mmmmmm....Sounds so good!

www.cancerinthecity.com

 
At November 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Eliotseats said...

I love Kate's site! These do look mighty good!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

We adore these potatoes, delish!!

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC recipe this month: Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At November 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Anonymous marla said...

I must try smashed potatoes over here. You chose a great recipe for the Secret Recipe club. Here is what I cooked up from group C: http://su.pr/1HICCz :)

 
At November 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anne@frommysweetheart said...

Julie...what a GREAT blog you have. And you got a great one to choose from as well. I love potatoes in any form. Smashed is even better! They look fabulous! : )

 
At November 25, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Teri said...

I love this recipe!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home