Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I'm staring at the the screen not sure what to write tonight. I hate when that happens. Sometimes words just flow off of my fingers and I have a great story to tell with the treat I'm sharing with you. Tonight is not one of those nights.

I've actually had this recipe for awhile but I have never tried it. It was my grandma's and I stole it out of my mom's recipe cards. Don't worry I copied it and left her a copy! I need another recipe for my Scentsy party the other week and I figured this was a good fall treat to try. Since it was grandma's I figured it was a pretty sure bet.

If you are looking for another fall treat to add to your recipes here is one for you. If you want I'm sure you could add some chocolate chips and sweeten things up a bit!


Pumpkin Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe
Ingredients
2/3 c. shortening
3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
2/3 c. water
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 1/3 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Cream shortening. Add sugar, eggs, pumpkin, water and dry ingredients.

2. Pour into 2 greased 9 x 5 in pans

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I love pumpkin bread! (And we all get writer's block sometimes...:) )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home