Monday, October 31, 2011

Funfetti Blondies

I have a weakness. That weakness if funfetti. I love funfetti cake mix. Yes that's right I use premade cake batter and I'm not ashamed to admit it! When I saw this recipe the bars looked so cute and yummy. My other weakness is blondies. When this recipe took both of them and combined them plus topped it with frosting I was a goner. I knew I had to try these and there was no looking back.

I was not disappointed. They are super easy to mix up and are dense and cake like but yet have that blondie texture. You wouldn't need to top them with the frosting, but I mean seriously why stop now? So I of course added the frosting also!



Funfetti Blondies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 box Funfetti cake mix
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
 1/3 - 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. white chocolate chips

Frosting
1/2 c. butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp milk
2 c. powdered sugar

1. Combine cake mix, oil and egg in a mixing bowl. Add the milk slowly - you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Add the white chocolate chips.

2. Put batter in a 7x11 pan (9x9 would work). Bake 25-30 min at 350 degrees. If they are a little gooey in the middle that's ok they will set up a little after they cool.

3. While bars are cooling mix all of the frosting ingredients together and frost!

Recipe from: Six Sisters' Stuff

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

Funfetti in bars-this is a great idea. Love all the colors here. I want to taste these bars. Yum!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Stephanie said...

Me and my daughter have been trying to find the recipe for the blondies she made in FCS they were yummy. We have looked and looked, and FINALLY here it is! Exactlly! SO DELICIOUS :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger The Woodlands said...

Oh SOOOO Yummy!!! I didn't have funfetti, so I used lemon cake mix and added toasted coconut in addition to the white chocolate {yes, it was a LOT of add-ons} but it worked PERFECTLY!!! Thanks so much, this recipe is a keeper for sure :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home