Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole

How amazing has this weather been? I have to pinch myself when I see the date and realize it's October and still in the 70's and 80's. Unfortunately we all know this will come to an end and we'll welcome in the true Minnesota fall and the dreaded winter. This recipe will be perfect for those cool, crisp days.

Remember I told you I had to come up with some main dishes now that the hubby was home? This is something new I decided to give a try. I was looking through my Pinterest board and I saw a lot of pasta dishes. I mean oddles and oddles of them and I then realized I might have an obsession with pasta along with Pinterest. Ahhh addictions. At least these are somewhat harmless. The only thing that they will do is suck my time away by scouring my pinterest boards and add a little extra weight to my hips when I pin way to many pasta dishes and try them.

This caught my eye because it had wild rice. I love wild rice. I guess my true Minnesotan roots are coming out in this recipe. I should really rename it to "Chicken & Wild Rice Hotdish" so it truly reflects my Minnesotan roots! It's a pretty simple dish to throw together and it will please the family from young to old. This would be perfect for a crisp fall day even though we are being blessed with some amazingly warm weather right now! Enjoy!



Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp butter
1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
6 oz pkg wild rice with seasonings
1/2 c. sour cream
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup

1. Cook wild rice according to package directions. While the rice is cooking melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. I omitted this and threw a few onions in as we are not big fans of mushrooms. Add chicken, sour cream and cream of chicken soup to mushrooms mixture. Remove from heat.

2. Add cooked wild rice to mixture and combine. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Adapted from: Semi Homemade Mom

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

OOOOOOOOOOH! YUM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home