Monday, October 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

It's been another month and it's once again reveal time for Secret Recipe Club. If you haven't heard of the SRC it is a group of us that get assigned someone else's blog, try out one of their recipes and then write a post about it. We all reveal our posts and which blog we had on the same day. It's pretty fun and it makes me go out and look at other blogs that I might not have otherwise and try something new.

This month I had the blog Foodness Gracious. It has a bunch of fun recipes on there so go check it out if you have time. I went with the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Bars. I thought I couldn't possibly go wrong if it paired chocolate and peanut butter together! The only I might do different is add a little bit more butter. The texture was a bit crumbly when you bit into the bars.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. butter
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
12 ounces chocolate chips

1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 in pan with cooking spray.

2. Whisk together flour and baking soda. Using an electric mixer cream the butters, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.

3. Mix the dry ingredients in on low. Fold in chocolate chips.

4. Press cookie dough into the prepared pan and bake 20-22 min or until golden brown.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

looks like you picked a great recipe for this months SRC! yum!

 
At October 24, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'd REALLY like to have a piece of these bars with my coffee, and then as my morning snack, and then for dinner too. What, I sorta have a *thing* for peanut butter ;) And they look DELICIOUS!

 
At October 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

What a great SRC choice, your bars look wonderful.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Thin Mint Irish Coffee.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At October 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

Oh yum. You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

 
At October 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Simplyfood said...

Love the combo of ingredients.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These would be a huge hit at my next bookclub.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Anybody who has seen the old Reese's Peanut butter cup commercials knows that peanut butter and chocolate are perfect bed fellows. Bars are so easy to make, nice choice.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Eliotseats said...

Yeah, I always think of those Reese's commercials whenever I see a peanut butter/choco combo. Can there be anything better than this?

 
At October 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Thanks for posting the bars, I hope you liked them as much as I did..'Great seeing you in the SRC,
Take care

 
At October 25, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Judy said...

Are you sure the measurements are right in the choc and peanut butter bar recipe... It says 1 3/4C. baking soda.. I find this hard to believe..I want to make these but will wait till I hear from you.. Thank You.. Judy

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Mmm...this looks delicious! Great SRC choice!

 
At November 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Desi said...

What a great choice from Gerry's blog. Love your photo :) Nice SRC pick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home