Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Caramel Corn

Here's another holiday treat for you! I've been making this yummy treat around the holidays for years now. It makes a TON of caramel corn, but don't worry it won't last long. I always add peanuts but it's optional if you aren't nutty like me!

I always make this in my huge "Thatsa Bowl" from Tupperware. Love me some T-ware! It fills it plum full. I brought it out to Mom's on Thanksgiving and set it out after dinner and even after an amazing Thanksgiving meal it was gone by the time I left.

If you are looking for an easy and crowd pleasing treat for the holidays you can't go wrong with this!



 Caramel Corn
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. unpopped popcorn, popped
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
1/2 c. light syrup
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1 Tbsp vanilla
Salted Peanuts

1. Boil butter, syrup, sugar and salt in saucepan for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.

2. Take off heat and add vanilla and soda. Mix thoroughly. Add peanuts if you want them.

3. Pour mixture over popped popcorn. Put the popcorn on jelly roll pans and bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir about every 15-20 minutes.

4. Spread out on wax paper and let cool.



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!



Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I love caramel corn! I must try this..

www.cancerinthecity.com

 
At December 7, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Oh yummy, I am making a very similar recipe today as well. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks for linking up to Newlyweds Recipe linky!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home