Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Layered Strawberry Salad

Why hello Cyber Monday. It's so nice to meet you!

Did any of the rest of you hit up online shopping instead of braving the crowds on Black Friday? I know I did! I have went once and that one time was enough for this girl. Maybe if I found something super cheap that I had to have I would again, but that has yet to happen.

Instead I sat at my computer on Cyber Monday and embraced the online deals. I scratched off a few more people on my list and hope to be done shopping after Friday when my mom and I head out of town and hit up the malls.

The recipe I'm sharing with you originates from my mom once again. It's a super simple, delicious salad that is a crowd please at holidays. I know I have enough get-togethers this time of year and am always looking for new recipes! Funny thing about this salad is that the recipe doesn't specifically say it is supposed to layer. My mom's always does, mine did, but when my Aunt Mary tries it the layering does not happen.  You'll have to let me know if it works out for you!



Layered Strawberry Salad
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 large packages of strawberry jello
4 c. water
1 pt heaving whipping cream, whipped
2 packages frozen strawberries

1. Boil water and add jello to water. Stir until it is dissolved.

2. Stir in strawberries until the mixture becomes syrupy. *Side note - Mine never got syrupy so I just went to the next step and it turned out fine!

3. Whisk in the whipping cream (that has been whipped to form stiff peaks) to the jello mixture. It will dissolve and shouldn't have lumps left in the mixture.

4. Pour into a glass bowl. Make sure it's a big bowl! Let sit in the fridge until it sets up. I left mine overnight.

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

I did a little walmart shopping and a little online shopping, it was a good mix.

This salad is beautiful, I love how it separates into 3 layers like that.

Thanks for sharing on Newlyweds Recipe Linky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home