Friday, September 16, 2011

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Guess how I found this recipe? Pinterest of course! The hubby is coming home for the weekend and I said I should make some food for him. He was all giddy and declared I should make cookies, and bars, and banana bread! Well, I got the cookies done. If his luck is with him I might tackle the other two throughout the weekend, but we've got a busy one coming up so we will see!

When he asked for his treats I of course went to my pinterest boards to see what I could round up. I knew I wanted something with a fall twist on it as it got incredibly cold last night (like literally freezing cold) and it felt like fall was here with an edge of winter. Apples looked like a great ingredient and I realized I didn't have any at home. Pumpkin sounded good and I knew that was in my pantry (aka coat closet hubby turned into a make shift pantry we do with what we have!).

This recipe comes from Recipe Girl and she doesn't lead me wrong so I figured I was safe making these cookies. She's also one of my blog "idols". She's made this her very own business and does all sorts of cool things like writing recipes for different companies, develops her very own recipes, guest speaks at blog camps just to name a few things. Plus her son has his own blog called Recipe Boy. He begged to get it for his birthday. Now how cool is that? She seems like a lovely lady and has amazing recipes so if you haven't checked out her website I highly recommend you go do it now and her sons for that matter!

These cookies are awesome. The pumpkin isn't overpowering and there's a hint of cinnamon coated on the outside. Plus they are soft which is a must in my book with any cookie. I'll admit I was hesitant when I saw the list of spices in the rolling sugar but I had faith in Recipe Girl and went for it anyways. I always thought I didn't like Snickerdoodles but I must because I love these cookies and I love the Gooey Snickerdoodle Bars. It must have been one of those weird kid phobias. So if you are looking for a fall treat to try out I highly recommend these lovely cookies. Enjoy!



Click here from printer friendly recipe!

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At September 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger RecipeGirl said...

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm a huge snicker doodle fan, and I don't think they really taste like snicker doodles all that much, but more like a pumpkin cookie with the typical snicker doodle cinnamon-sugar coating.

 
At September 16, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look delicious! But my question is when recipes call for pure pumpkin and they don't use a whole can what does one do with the rest?

 
At September 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I was wondering the same thing...guess I'll have to find another recipe for us to make to use up that pumpkin!

 
At September 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Avril said...

Julie, I have to say your taste in recipes ROCK!!! I love it when I find other food blogs that have just the same eye and taste for recipes that I seem to be attracted to too. So glad I have discovered your blog!

Happy Weekend!
~avril :-)

 
At September 18, 2011 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These sound delicious! I am addicted to pumpkin right now. I'd love for you to join my dessert linky party this coming Tuesday. :)

 
At September 18, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Pumpkin anything is great this time of the year:)Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a great week.

 
At September 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Terri @ that's some good cookin' said...

I found this recipe link over at Everyday Mom's Meals linky party and just had to click on over here for the recipe. Oh goodness, I have been on a snickerdoodle craze for the past month or so and am so excited to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger CEK said...

I found this on EMM, thanks for sharing this recipe. My kids love snickerdoodles and I would never have thought to add pumpkin to it~sounds yummy!

 
At September 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Best time of the year.... Pumpkin recipes. Love this, thanks so much for sharing and I will have to check out Church Supper this week. I've occasionally added my own pieces there.
Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño

 
At September 21, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

OOOH GREAT FLAVORS FOR THE FALL! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!!!

 
At September 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Love, love, LOVE these! I'm actually making (skinny) snickerdoodles tonight but I should throw some pumpkin in them, delish!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home