Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Remember those Pumpkin Snickerdoodles I shared with you and they used only part of a can on pumpkin? That pumpkin has been staring at me every time I open the fridge saying, "Use me, Use me!" So what was a girl to do but use that pumpkin up!

It was a rainy and dreary day and I was in the mood for some soup or breakfast for supper sounded great too. Have you noticed my obsession with breakfast foods lately? Then I remember the pumpkin that kept staring me down and I started thinking. That thinking led to Tasty Kitchen because I knew there had been a pumpkin pancake recipe that interested me there. Yes I ventured out of the Pinterest world for a moment. Don't worry it will quickly suck me back in. I can go there a delete all the other pumpkin pancake recipes that I "pinned" previously because this one is on the only one I'll ever need.

I think the trick with this recipe is the beating of the eggs whites. Make sure you beat them a long time and they form stiff peaks. Then carefully fold the eggs into the batter mixture. The eggs are light and fluffy and this keeps the batter this way.

Once again I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, but I'm starting to wonder if it's actually just pumpkin pie that I'm not a big fan of. I think it's the texture that gets me with the pie. It's just mushy. I'm not a big fan of mushy. These pumpkin pancakes are light and fluffy with a bit of spice and pumpkin. Amazing. They scream fall and I'm all about fall with the weather we've been having lately. It sounds like we might get a reprieve this weekend so I think I'll send the hubby to the grill again. I have to take these opportunities while they exist because I'll be back at the cooking 100% during winter!

So if you already tried those cookies use up some of that extra pumpkin in your fridge and make these pancakes. Or you could always start with the pancakes and use up that leftover pumpkin with the cookies. Whichever suits your fancy. Enjoy!



Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tbs. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. of Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/3 Cups of Milk
3/4 Cups Pure Canned Pumpkin
4 large Eggs, separated
1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1. Preheat your griddle or frying pan.


2. Beat your egg whites in stand mixture until soft peaks form.
 
3. While your egg whites are mixing combine all the dry ingredients together. Whisk to combine.

4. Combine all your wet ingredients together MINUS the egg whites. Stir until mostly combined.Don't over work this. You want a few lumps.

5. Combine your wet ingredients (minus egg whites).

6. Add into your dry ingredients and whisk to combine.

7.  Fold eggs into the batter.

8. Pour 1/4 c. batter onto greased griddle or frying pan. Make sure the surface is hot before doing this or the pancakes become stuck to the pan. Trust me on this one I just might have experience. When bubbles form in the batter flip. Serve warm with syrup.

Recipe from: Sweet and Savory By Sarah


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At September 23, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

I first thought this was a cake by the picture! However, pumpkin pancakes do make for a wonderful breakfast. Love all the spices in there-Yum!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Rhondi said...

What a great breakfast treat! I love them stacked up high served like a cake. Delicious!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Elsa said...

Wow! These look great! I've made pumpkin pancakes a few times and they never turned out well. I will save this recipe and give it a try.

 
At September 24, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

YUM! I love pumpkin anything - it's fabulous in pancakes. I'd like to invite you to share this today at Seasonal Inspiration Saturday!

www.crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com

 
At September 25, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Saw this on Church Supper and was sooooo excited. I wish it was boring again so I could have these right now!
Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño

 
At September 25, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Oh what a treat!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Church Supper!!

Everyday Mom's Meals

 
At September 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Gloria Baker said...

what nice pancakes Im following you! gloria

 
At October 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Lady Behind The Curtain said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe was featured at "Feature Friday" by Lady Behind The Curtain! Go Grab a Feature Friday Button!
http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?page_id=1844

---sheryl---

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home