Friday, September 30, 2011

Mexican Bubble Pizza

Since you all have loved the Chicken Alfredo Bubble Up I decided to try this Mexican Bubble Pizza and was not disappointed. I found the recipe on greens and chocolate. She's a fellow Minnesotan and I just stumbled upon her blog. I love it when you find someone with the same taste as you. Go check her out! You will have more "main dishes" coming to this blog now that my hubby is back and I have to cook for him. I was slacking a little on the main dishes and making more breakfast and snacks lately. While they are scrumptious we unfortunately can not live off them. Wouldn't that be nice if we could though?

This is the first week back at home with the hubby and was thinking I might have to get used to it again but so far I haven't had much of an adjustment. Wait. That's because I haven't hardly been home! I decided last night that there is just not enough hours in a day. Monday night was relaxing and low key which is always nice because I'm sorry Mondays are just awful enough. Going back to work, thinking of all the stuff going on for the week. They are just unpleasant! Tuesday night I had a Tupperware Party at Jason's aunt's house and did laundry after work because I was ambitious or thought I was. Then last night my Scentsy order came so I had to go through that to get ready to deliver it today, make a decent supper of Ham & Cheese Bowties oh they were yummy. And then I was off to volleyball which I totally love going and hanging out with the girls! Tonight it's delivering Scentsy and then Grey's and Private Practice! Do you have any TV shows you must watch?

This recipe is fun because it's pretty flexible and you can swap up your toppings and easily adaptable to each family members tastes. Have fun with the toppings and go wild or eat it plain with sour cream like the hubby did. Trust me the picture is of my plate not his. He's so boring! Enjoy!


Mexican Bubble Pizza
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
3/4 c. water
1 can (10.75 oz) condensed tomato soup (you can use a can of enchilada sauce too!)
1 can Grands Refrigerated biscuits
2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
2 c. shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 c. salsa
1 (2.25 oz) can rip olives, drained
sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet brown the hamburger. Drain. Add taco seasoning, water and soup (or enchilada sauce) and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

2. Separate the dough into 8 biscuits. Cut the biscuits into 8 pieces each. Add the pieces to the beef mixture and gently stir. Spoon into a greased 9x13 in. glass dish.

4. Bake in oven for 20-22 min or until the sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is bubbly.

Top with remaining ingredients!

Adapted from: greens and chocolate

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!



6 Comments:

At September 30, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

mmm I loved this recipe!! I'm just like you - much more adventurous with my toppings than my boyfriend!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

This looks delicious! I love all of these flavors!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Yum! What a fun new Mexican treat to give my son! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a blessed next week.

Everyday Mom's Meals

 
At October 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

THIS IS ONE FANCY DINNER!!!! YUM!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Anonymous Tammy M said...

This was a HIT at our house! Both of the girls asked for more!!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Christine knapkins_com said...

Hi Julie, Your Mexican Bubble Pizza recipe has been selected to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/65?source=blog Congrats again!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home