Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bacon, Egg & Cheese Quesadillas

Let me bring you back to my Sunday morning this past weekend. The picture goes something like this. I'm in the kitchen (surprise!) and the hubby is lounging on the couch. As I'm making muffins he asks with a sheepish grin, "Do you think you could make me a breakfast quesadillas also?" Sure, anything else I can do for you sir?

Quesadillas - Hubby is obsessed! We received a quesadilla maker for our wedding and he has not stopped making them since. I love it because when I have no other ideas for food I quick grab that and know he's going to be happy with whatever I put in there. It's basically a Sunday ritual to make quesadillas with whatever ingredient we have sitting around. I really want to try Artichoke and Spinach Dip quesadillas like you find at a restaurant next!

Ah it's all good. I love him dearly and I've only had a few days a week to treat him to home cooked meals so I better do it when I can. He'll be back after this week and things might change a little!

This isn't even hard enough to justify a recipe and sometime I think are people going to thing I'm pointing out the obvious? But these were so good and in case you wanted a recipe I thought I'd post one. They are super simple and quite tasty. It's a different twist on the plan old bacon and eggs. We have a handy quesadilla maker but you can make these in a frying pan also so don't let that stop you.



Bacon, Egg & Cheese Quesadillas
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Real Bacon Bits - Or bacon fried and crumbled
Two Burrito Sized Soft Shells
2 eggs, scrambled
Shredded Cheese

1. Scramble the eggs in frying pan. In a quesadilla maker or frying pan put one of the burrito shells down. Top with scramble eggs, cheese and bacon bits. Place the other shell on top.

2. Cook until the burrito on the bottom is golden brown and flip if you are using the frying pan. If using a quesadilla maker just wait for both to brown. Cut into 6 pieces and serve!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Ellen Zames said...

My daughter LOVES bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches. I think she would love this for breakfast one morning!

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

 
At September 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that it's EASY!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home