Friday, September 2, 2011

Stained Glass Jello

Looking for a fun treat for the Labor Day Weekend? I have got just the thing for you today! Oh glorious long holiday weekend I'm ready for you. I was just talking to a coworker saying I haven't had an actual vacation day since my honeymoon last August. How depressing is that? I went and switched jobs so I have to wait six months for a vacation day, which isn't bad compared to some jobs and then I got paid out my vacation at the last job when I quit so I never go to use it. I'm ready for a true vacation, although I don't have any planned!

Another little tidbit....I've added a new tab to my blog "Beyond Food". It will be posts about life and not much to do with food. It's a separate blog feed so if you've subscribed to my blog via email or Google reader you won't get these posts. If you want them make sure to subscribe on "Beyond Food" page! My first post is up and ready for you to read!

As you can see I made this treat for a 4th of July picnic and never got around to posting it till now. I figured we were all having our last big horah before the end of summer and this would be the perfect thing to share with you. It's easily adaptable to whatever colors you want to incorporate. It's cute, fun and you get lots of compliments when you bring it somewhere. I mean come on who doesn't like compliments? It makes you feel like the star of the picnic. So if you are looking to be the star (and I know you are!) I highly recommend making this. Enjoy!


 Stained Glass Jello
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 strawberry jello (.3 oz)
2 blueberry jello (.3 oz)
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
Water

1. Dissolve strawberry jello in 2 c. boiling water. Dissolve blueberry jello in 2 c. boiling water. Pour into two separate 9 x 13 in pans. Chill at least 3 hours (I did mine overnight). After chilling cut the jello into small blocks. Arrange blocks in a 9 x 13 in pan, mixing the colors together.

2. In a separate bowl sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 c. cold water. After the gelatin blooms add 1 1/2 c. boiling water and dissolve. Add the condensed milk. Stir and let cool. Make sure you let it cool before you pour it over the jello blocks or the blocks melt and you turn out with a mess! Skim off any small bubbles.


3. Chill overnight or at least three hours. Cut and serve!

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 6:03 AM , Anonymous Mommy's Kitchen said...

I have seen this and have been meaning to give it a try. It looks so patriotic. I have been to your site so much this week and I love it. I am adding you to my blog roll.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I had to stop over and get the recipe! I can't wait to make this for my kids. I love how simple the recipe is too! Thanks so much for sharing :)

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Krista said...

That is so pretty and looks delish too! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Hope to see you again next week:)

Everyday Mom's Meals

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home