Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crispy Chicken Burrito

I rarely feel the need to post something as soon as I make it but a couple nights ago it was a different story. I had to post this one next and I had to share this one with you. I was going to post something else, but I had to scratch that idea because this was so amazing. I was looking for something to make and I just couldn't make another pasta dish, casserole or plain old meat dish. This is the thing I was looking for and I definetely wasn't dissappointed.

This recipe tastes like it came from Taco Johns or for you people that aren't blessed with those I'd say Taco Bell! The burrito shell is crispy and the inside is packed full of creamy chicken yuminess. It's a bit of a mix between a Taco joint and a Chipotle. I live in the middle of no where so it's a special occasion when I get to a Chipotle and I usually hit one up everytime I have a chance.

The best thing about this recipe is that you can easily adapt it to your wishes. Don't like chicken? Use some beef instead. Don't like beans? Leave them out (which my hubby just informed me he might like them better without them!). Want some peppers in there. Add them in! See the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!



Crispy Chicken Burritos
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. cooked rice, still warm
1 lb cooked shredded chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 c. shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
6 burrito sized soft shells

1. First make your shredded chicken by putting chicken in boiling water for 20 minutes. Don't overcook or the chicken with get dry. Cool until you can shred the chicken. In the meantime cook the rice.

2. Mix rice, chili powder, cumin and garlic salt together in a bowl. Add chicken and beans to mixture.

3. Arrange chicken and rice mixture down center of burrito. Sprikle cheese over chicken mixture. Top with a little sour cream and salsa. Roll stuffed tortillas up and secure with a toothpick.

4. Spray tortilla with cooking spray. Heat a skillet over medium heat or heat griddle. Arrange 2 wraps seam side down in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love recipes like this. Super easy and tasty!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home