Monday, August 15, 2011

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars

Oh my goodness these bars are pretty much to die for. Ooey and gooey and rich and yummy. I mean really rich and yummy. I can only take about two bites and that's enough until I go back later for more. I mean I kinda of want to stick my face in the pan. Is it bad I'm actually admitting to this and telling you? I thought I better tell you so when you make them and want to do the same thing you know it's completely normal, well if you consider me normal and all!

I made these Saturday and I was doubtful on them when I took them out. I snatched a piece of the corner and it was a bit crunchy but oh man I think the edge might be my favorite part of the bar because the marshmallow is crunchy and tastes like it's been roasted over a campfire. Then I tried the middle and changed my mind because it's so ooey and gooey. It's a toss up so I guess the whole pan is just amazing.

My parents stopped over Saturday afternoon in between a wedding ceremony and the reception we were going to. I served up some Summer Slush and these bars. I'm not sure which they liked better but I know they liked them both. My mom and dad kept saying how good they were and good 'ol dad kept slicing little pieces off the bars. YUMMY!

My tip on this recipe is that I skipped lining the pan with tinfoil and I think you might want to include this step if you are looking for pretty bars. Also, it says to cut the crust off on the edges and it will make a "prettier" bar. It will make a nice looking bar but I'm going to say the edge is some of my favorite part so if you do this make sure to keep the edge for snacking on! Enjoy!

Remember to go enter my 1st Giveaway to celebrate reaching 500 followers on facebook by midnight Monday, August 15th, 2011!



White Chocolate S'mores Gooey Cake Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
4 1/2 full graham crackers
10 ounce bag white chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges for this one. It will be a full pan.

2. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix until a nice dough forms similar to a cookie dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with graham crackers, white chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top. You might want to go a little light on this as mine had to much and was a bit runny even when the bars were done.

3. Bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a plastic knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow (this will make your life easier when pulling foil out of pan to remove bars. Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut off all edges if desired, about 1/2 inch each side. I save the edges to snack on too. Cut bars into squares and serve. They are delicious room temperature or chilled.
12 to 16 servings

Adapted From: Picky Palate

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger TinaRBK said...

Nice twist, making s'mores with white chocolate-wish I had thought of it. The chocolate with the graham sounds like a tasty paring.Yum!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Yummy and scrumptious. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper!

Everyday Mom's Meals

 
At August 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Tina @ Mommy's Kitchen said...

Those look to die for. I can't wait to make them.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Ellyn R. said...

Question! My husband is deployed and how keepable would you say these are as far as sending them? They get mail every couple of weeks to sometimes a month right now and this seems like an awesome treat to send if you're a packing queen like I am!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think this would work in a 9 x 13?? Maybe it'd just be not as thick? I've made gooey butter cakes like this - usually a paula deab recipe - and they're always 9x13 - and they feed a lot of peeps! what dodya think???

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Yes it will work in a 9x13 but I doubled the recipe when I made it in the larger pan. Hope this helps!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Julie said...

As far as mailing them I'm not sure. They keep good for 4-5 days. So it would depend on how long it takes to get them there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home