Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creamy Primavera Risotto Cakes

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program I was selected to try out the new Birds Eye Chef's Favorites. It's a line up of steam fresh and ready to serve veggies in minutes. I'm a big fan of steam fresh veggies and have frequently tried them before. My hubby isn't a big veggie fan so if I can have a bag that I can steam and save the leftovers for the next night I'm all for it.



I tried the Creamy Primavera Risotto. I've actually never had Risotto so I tried half of it as is - out of the bag after I had steamed it. It was good but nothing that knocked my socks off. The second half I made into a cake after it had cooled. I put a little olive oil in a frying pan and fried the cake over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, flipping it half way through. I definetely liked his option better as it added a little crunch to it. If you are looking for a healthy option this might not be for you. Make sure you read the labels on the back of these bags!



Look for this product in your grocery freezer in September!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home