Friday, August 19, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Do you have Zucchini coming out of your ears? This is the perfect recipe for you then! It "hides" zucchini in a wonderful dessert so you can forget your even eating it. I actually don't have zucchini coming out of my ears or anywhere else for that mater. I can only dream of having a garden. Next year I'm hoping I get one. Currently our yard is a bit under construction with building a garage and all. Maybe next year I can have zucchini coming out of my ears like the rest of you!

This wonderful recipe actually comes from my mom and it originated from my awesome sister-in-law. Yup that's right I called an in-law awesome. She's married to my older brother and she pretty much rocks. I can only hope and pray that the little brother marries someone half as amazing as this woman. We usually make it in two 8 x 8 inch pans and then freeze one so you can enjoy it later.

As you all have heard my hubby is working out of town during the week a lot of time, so mom decided that she better make him a treat and send it with him so he didn't starve to death. Now, mother do you really think your daughter is going to let her hubby starve? I would hope you raised me better than that and trust me there is never a shortage of food around our house. I'm sure you all figured this out with all these recipes. I really think she just likes to spoil him and she doesn't want to admit it! Another thing that mysteriously arrives at our house is chocolate chip cookies. I'll come home from work and there will be a plate of cookies on our counter. I wonder who the cookie fairy is?? Enjoy!



Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
2 c. grated zucchini
Chocolate Chips & Nuts

1. Cream butter, oil & sugar. Add buttermilk and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add. Mix in zucchini. Put in greased 9 x 13 or 2 - 8 x 8x in pans. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top.

2. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or 35 minutes for 8 x 8 pans.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home