Friday, September 9, 2011

Apple Crisp

I had a wonderful night tonight with an amazing friend. As you all know the hubby is once again gone and I like to stay busy through the week. I had tried to get together with my friend last week and it didn't work out so we picked tonight as the night. She's a relatively new mom, and an absolutely amazing one if I do say myself, and her hubby is a farmer so she is home alone a lot so she can related to my being home also. We thought it would be perfect to get together and entertain each other, plus then I get to hang out with her little man and he's so adorable! He's grown so much since I saw him last. He's at the age where he's giggling and cooing and talking to you and makes you sound absolutely stupid by doing the same things back!

Last night I whipped up Spasanga and had it already to go so all I had to do was stick it in the oven after work. Have you noticed this is one of my go to meals for everything? This time I split it into two 8x8 in pans and froze one of them because it makes a ton. Highly recommend this if you haven't tried it. So I got home tonight and stuck that in the oven and was looking for something yummy to throw with it and a green salad and came up with Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. Oh man those were yummy plus they are low calorie (only 90 calories) and once again I only made half of the batch. Seriously you would never guess they were "healthified". I wonder why I don't make them more often? I better change that.

After we ate supper we went on a nice relaxing walk mixed in with lots of gossip. I mean we are after all girls right? It was the perfect night for a walk. I thought wow this is an amazing night often throughout the walk.I had made this amazing apple crisp the night before so I stuck it in my oven which was still warm and when we got back it was all warmed up and perfect. Served with a scoop of ice cream and it was heaven. I'll be honest I have never made apple crisp before and I wonder why I haven't. It's not hard and I love it. I think it was because it was one of those treats that mom always made so I just let her continue to make it. My friend said she was craving apple crisp so I was more than happy to oblige after all I've been craving fall food and this screams fall to me. So if you are anxious to have some "fall" in your life go and make this apple crisp. You won't be disappointed after all it comes from "Mom's" recipe box! Enjoy!

Also check out my new post Heaven is for Real on "Beyond Food"!



Apple Crisp
 Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
8 c. apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1 c. sugar
Cinnamon
1 c. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder

1. Put sliced apples on bottom of 9x13 in pan.

2. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top of the apples. Apply a liberal amount of cinnamon. This is one of the best parts!

3. Mix butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal and baking powder. Pat down on top of apples and sugar.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger SnoWhite said...

I love a good apple crisp! This weekend is apple baking day at my house with the first crop of Paula Reds! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. {found you through MN Food Bloggers}

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Totally American! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Hope to see you again next week.

Everyday Mom's Meals

 
At September 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Kim McCallie said...

Tis the season for apple crisps and I couldn't be happier. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

 
At September 11, 2011 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Teri said...

I love apple crisp, and your moms recipe looks awesome. I can't wait to try it. Maybe one day this week I hope. I linked to you from Sweet Indulgences Sunday. You have a great blog! Thanks

 
At September 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

I CAN NEVER TURN DOWN AN APPLE CRISP! YUM-O! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY! XO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home