Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I was going to post another treat tonight but I was already asked if this was on my blog so I skipped ahead and went with this post! I realized that the blog is seriously lacking in chocolate treats. I blame me not being able to eat chocolate and Jason not being a big chocolate fan on that. When I was looking to make a treat for Jason and his dad, who was helping us with the garage, this last Saturday I went straight to my Pinterest board. I needed something that was easy and I had everything for plus who can resist peanut butter and chocolate together? I got the recipe off the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you haven't checked out her awesome blog I highly recommend you go there right now and do that, well after you get done looking at mine of course! She has an awesome blog full of delicious meals and treats.

I love the fact that this recipe starts out with a cake mix you doctor up a little with peanut butter and it becomes this delicious treat. I had everything on hand for the recipe, which is always a plus. I'm not a big fan of having a ton of recipes that call for a few rare ingredients I never have on hand. Don't get me wrong a few of those are definitely welcome, but not all the time where I'm constantly running to the store because I don't know about you but I can never get out of a grocery store spending less than $50! I brought a few in for treats for my coworkers and one of them informed me this was one of those pans he could just keep going back to and nibbling on which I figured is a good sign. Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 pkg. plain yellow cake mix
1 stick melted butter
1 c. creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 T. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix together cake mix, butter, peanut butter and eggs. Press this into a greased 9x13 pan and reserve 1 1/2 c. of mixture for the topping.
2. Melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter on low heat. Once melted remove from heat and add vanilla.
3. Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 of reserved cake mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These sound so delicious. I love peanut butter and chocolate.

I've started my own linky party, Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, and would love for you to join sometime!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this ooey - gooey recipe. YUM

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

OH BOY DO THESE LOOK FAB!!!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING THESE AT WONKA WEDNESDAY! YUMMMMMINESS!

 
At September 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Love Pinterest! I pinned these too fro mher! Yours look great! New fan!!

 
At September 11, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Again, these sound so yummy. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home