Monday, March 21, 2011

Foil-Pack Taco Chicken

Another Monday down. As the alarm went off this morning Jason's first words were "I hate Mondays." My thoughts were....ya I just hate every morning I have to get out of bed at a set time. After a run at the gym and getting ready things weren't looking so aweful and I had a crazy busy day at work which definetely helped the time fly by and get this Monday over with. You might wonder what I'm doing to round off Monday...well I've successfully planted myself on the couch and my oh so wonderful hubby is downstairs making noise which I translate into PROGRESS on the basement! He also grilled for me tonight which meant no cooking for me. Trust me I love this and am ever so happy to wash dishes after supper by myself that's for sure. I forgot to update everyone the last time I wrote on our tax appointment. It was wayyyyyy less painful then I had thought it was going to be. This is good...our marriage has survived our first tax appointment! What a successful tax appointment translates into is a garage. Yay!!!!!! Yes I said we might start another project. The way it's looking it might be before the basement gets done. Yikes. This is not good, but what do you do? I asked my cousin's husband on Friday when he was coming to pour the cement. His reply was next week if you are ready....well that's all nice but that snow bank is still there in the back yard. Speaking of snow...what's this business about another snow storm coming our way? I was really hoping to be done and things to dry out but I needed to be reminded this is MN we live in and that just doesn't happen so easy. I think I will make some soup Wednesday and enjoy one LAST snow storm for the season. Mother nature that is my threat. Listen up and don't you dare snow again! The recipe I am sharing with you tonight can either be made in the oven (which is how the recipe calls for it to be done) or the crock-pot which I did because I wanted it to be done when I got home. It's a little bit of a different twist on chicken but it was great! Enjoy!

Foil-Pack Taco Chicken
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

4 small boneless skinless chicken breaswts halves (1 lb)
4 tsp Taco Seasoning
1/2 lb red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
3/4 c. Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
3/4 c. Salsa
1/4 c. Reducted Fat or Light Sour Cream

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees

2. Sprinkles chicken with seasoning mix. Place 1/2 c potatoes on center of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil; top with chicken, cheese and salsa

3. Bring up foil sides. Double fold atop and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1 in pan

4. Bake 30-35 min or until chicken is done (165 degrees). Cool 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening. Top with sour cream.

*My Version

I sprayed a crockpot with Pam. Then I layered the potatoes on the bottom, the seasoned chicken, cheese and salsa on top. Cook on High 4-6 hours. Top with sour cream.





4 Servings
270 colories each

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home