Thursday, April 21, 2011

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves

Day off today so I spent it working around the house mainly on the basement. My wonderful husband always seems to make me a list of things to do on my day off. Isn't he suppose to be the one with the "Hunny Do List"??? So I spent the day staining and varnishing the bathroom vanity and some woodwork. You know that you need to get done with your basement when you walk into Ace and they ask you what you are doing in the basement now! I'm glad they know my projects so well :) My day was quite successful other than my momentary lapse of spilling my can of varnish all over the floors. Luckily it was the cement floor and NOT the newly tiled bathroom floor. I said a few naughty words the way it was. I can't imagine what I would have said if it would have been in the bathroom. We had the recipe that I'm sharing with you tonight for supper. I was at the gym this morning and one of the gals mentioned she found out about my blog and this stimulating conversation ended up centering around meatloaf...well I told her about this wonderful meatloaf recipe that I thought was already on my blog..low and behold I got home and it wasn't so here it is! It's awesome...Jason's reaction to it explains it all. He asked me what was for supper and I didn't tell him so he peaked his head in the oven and said, "OH MEATLOAF, I LOVE MEATLOAF!" So I'd say it's a pretty good recipe. ENJOY!



Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 Egg
3/4 c. Milk
1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 c. Quick-Cooking Oats
1/2 c. chopped onion (I substitute dried onion)
1 tsp salt
1 lb lean ground beef
2/3 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard

1. In a bowl beat egg and milk



2. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt



3. Add beef and mix well



4. Shape into eight loaves; place in greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish



5. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over loaves.



6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks awesome!!! I think I'm going to have to make these!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Savannah McQueen said...

Jennifer, thanks for linking up with me this week. Make sure and come back to the page and vote for your favorite dish. The dish with the most votes will be the feature recipe on Monday. Thanks again! -Savannah

 
At August 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Brittney Galloway said...

This has become one of my family's favorite recipes! I just referenced this recipe and your blog on my site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home