Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Here's the recipe I've tempted you with already! If you love the biscuits at Red Lobster you will love these too. The best part about them they are a lighter version of Red Lobster's biscuit so you don't even have to feel guilty about it. Each biscuit is about 95 calories. Can you believe it's already Wednesday? Well actually I can, but maybe if I say that it will seem like the week flew by. I'm on my last few days at Valu Ford. It's seems a bit surreal but I guess next week it will seem real when I start the new job. Totally not ready for the learning curve that's involved. Wishing I could skip forward about a month. I always hate that feeling of not thinking you'll ever get the hang of things then looking back and wondering why you felt that way. Jason's currently downstairs working on mudding the bedroom walls. The basement is nearing completion. I've set a goal of being done by Mother's Day because I'm hoping to host it for my family. I figure that I'm the only one that isn't a mother so I should probably have it. So if any of my family members are reading this it's your heads up! Jason said this is competely possible but he also said the basement was going to be done to host Super Bowl Sunday. It's a good thing he didn't specify which year! Enjoy the biscuits. I promise you won't be dissappointed!

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

2 Tbsp light butter, melted
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsely
2 c. Heart Smart Bisquick
1 c. Shredded Fat-Free Cheddar Cheese
2/3 c. Milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Grease cookie sheet.

3. In a large bowl combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese and two cloves garlic. Stir in milk and mix.



4. Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Should make about 12 biscuits. Bake 10 minutes.

5. Meanwhile melt butter in frying pan and add the rest of the garlic and saute on low heat about one minutes. Remove from heat and add parsely. Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture and bake five minutes longer or until gold brown on bottom.



Enjoy!!! I can't wait to make them again :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 11, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Donna said...

oh, you have SAVED THE DAY Julie! I LOVVVE red lobster biscuits and love even more that you lightened them up! Can not wait to try these!!!

ps-I found you at Amee's Fit Friday. Nice to meet you! I'll be 'following you' ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home