Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blonde Brownies

Day off for me today! Yes its enjoyable but I have to remind myself I work Saturday so that isn't so much fun. I'm so glad Spring seemed to make a sneak peak this week. Our driveway which is gravel not cement...is a MUDDY mess. To the point I think I'm going to sink up to my ankles when I walk on it. I dread going outside because of this. Pretty pathetic so I'm hoping for some sunshine to dry it up. Jason hauled snow out of where we hope to build a garage at this spring/summer/fall as we know how long projects around the Evinks can drag on! He promised he'll have the basement finished before we attempt the next thing. I grew up in one those houses that things were started....the finishing never came. I hope we do not repeat this :) My day off has been pleasant to say the least. I hit the gym as soon as I rolled out of bed. I've been trying to run. Yes trying. This has never been a love for me. I started off very slow and I'm up to 20 minutes...still running slow but I'm progressing and 10lbs have came off. WOOHOO! Oh yes those 10 lbs were a lovely reminder of how much my husband LOVES to eat as I gained them all after we got married. So now I'm down to "pre-wedding" weight. I never knew what marriage did to your body! After the gym my little bro graced me with his presence and stopped by to say hello. After that I made some bars for Jason on his construction crew. I promised his two weeks ago when I had the day off I'd bring treats, well that never happened and he's been reminding me ever since how he kept looking down the road for me to come with the treats and I never did so I better get them there today! I made Blonde Brownies which I'm going to share with you today. It's my Grandma Koehl's recipes that she passed down to me. I think I was in 5th grade when she did this which was a while ago! It's got chocolate so I shouldn't eat it as it makes me very ill.....so hopefully those 10 lbs will stay off! Enjoy :)

Blonde Brownies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 C. Butter, Softened
3 C. Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
3 C. Flour
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Chocolate Chips

1. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips.





2. Spread in a 10x15 jelly roll pan.



3. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.



4. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. The middle takes a while to set and stays a bit gooey but honestly it's my favorite part of these bars!!!




Enjoy! I love recipes with only 4 steps! PS - Did you notice I didn't post on Sunday this time? The tradition has been broken :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home