Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brownie Ice Cream Cake

Another winter night...are they ever going to end? I'm starting to seriously doubt my decision to not plan a tropical vacation this winter. I decided that the money I had saved for our tropical trip this year would be better spent on a garage that we could build this summer. I'm not sure I support my decision anymore. What I wouldn't do to get out of the sub zero temperatures for a week! The sad part is it is only January and we could have a long road ahead of us but my mom informed me this week that January is always the worst month and after that you're on a downhill slide till spring. I'm praying and crossing my fingers that she is right! The recipe that I'm going to post tonight is one I made for a dessert at my mom's for the Wiese Christmas. It is out of the cookbook I got from the Koehl grab. My older brother was sitting next to me when I got this gift and he "helped" me look at it and pick out all the wonderful things I could make him. Let me tell you there were a LOT that he picked out so here I go chipping away at his recipes for him. He sure enjoyed this one!


Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix
Water, Vegetable Oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
1 cup hot fudge topping, warmed if desired
1 Tablespoons candy sprinkles
16 red maraschino cherries with stems, drained

1. Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease 2 (9 in) round cake pans. Make sure that you do this! I didn't my first round and had to send Jason running to the grocery store to get another box of brownie mix. He had a good laugh! Good thing I got a husband that finds my baking mistakes humorous! I personally used a 9 x 13 pan and it turned out great.

2. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and egg. Divide batter evenly between pans if using the 2 round cake pans.

3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pans, about 1 hour.

4. Spread slightly softened ice cream evenly on brownies in pans. I mixed with egg beaters to make it easier to spread. Freeze at least 2 hours or until ice cream is firm.

5. Cut brownies and put on serving plates. Drizzle each wedge with hot fudge topping. Decorate with candy sprinkles and cherries. Store covered in freezer.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Ellen Zames said...

What a nice blog you have!!

My sisters and I have a linky party every Sunday called Everyday Sisters Sharing Sundays. We pick a theme each week and this week's theme is Chocolate. We would like to invite you to come by and link up your favorite chocolate recipes. The link is opened all week (until Sat) so please come by and say hi.

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com/2011/07/everyday-sisters-sharing-sundays-3.html

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home