Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sugar Cookie Bars

BRRRR!!!!!! This seems to be a reoccuring opening theme to my blog posts. Sometime I promise I'll be complaining about it being hot since we are never happy are we?! Works been slow this week to not that I can imagine why. I mean doesn't everyone want to come and buy a car in subzero temperatures? My co-worker and I came up with the brilliant idea the other week that we should all take a leave of absense through the winter months and re-open in the spring. To bad the boss man did not agree with that. On the high note we haven't had to broom cars this week so I've been able to hide inside with my heater on under my desk. I'm a much happier person when I can be warm! Now for this recipe I'm going to share with you. When you think of sugar cookies do you shiver and dread the thought of rolling and cutting, rolling and cutting and doing it somemore? I know I do, but they are so so good when they melt in your mouth that sometimes it's just worth all of the work of making them. Well this recipe lets you enjoy sugar cookies with all that fuss. In fact Jason just asked me what I was blogging about and called them nummy bars. They sure were a hit at work that's for sure! Don't mind the missing corner in the finished picture of the bars...a "mouse" got into them because he decided he need to try them before and after frosting to compare them!


Sugar Cookie Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Cookies

1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 C Butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Egg
1/2 t. almond extract
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2 1/2 c. Flour

Frosting

1/4 c. butter, softened
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
2-3 T Milk
1/2 t. vanilla
Food Coloring

1. First beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar and egg until nice and frothy. This will take about 4 min.

2. Add vanilla and almond extract. Beat about 1 min.



3. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat about 2 min. It will be light and fluffy.

4. Press dough into greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.



5. Frosting - Combine butter and cream cheese. Beat about 2 min. Add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Mix 1-2 min until smooth. Frost! Eat! Enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home