Sunday, January 30, 2011

Banana Bread

My three day weekend is coming to an end and I'm trying to deal with the fact that right around the corner is another work day. I ended up with a random three day weekend due to the fact that I never got a "New Years" Holiday earlier this month and took the day off on Friday for that. I'm not sure it was much of a day "off". As usually I was busy busy...my wonderful husband thought of the fact I would have all this extra time on Friday and made sure to get a bunch of wood work to stain for the basement. I'm glad to say it really wasn't all that much and it's done! He varnished it so it really wasn't that much for me to do. I added a bunch of cleaning and laundry around the house and had a full day. Saturday we went to Alex in the morning to meet a guy that was buying Jason's snowplow for a 4-wheeler. We also of course went to Menards since we can't really go to Alex and not go there! Proud to say that all the money we got for the plow was spent at Menards. Honestly that place is worse than Target!!!! Someday I hope we don't have a "project" at home :) I've also been dealing with a serious case of cabin fever this week. I'm not sure why it's so bad but I'm about ready to ditch this state and go somewhere! But I know...I'm not that exciting and wouldn't think of randomly going somewhere without a lot of "pre-planning" so that will just wait...and I'll dream of a summer vacation. I'm thinking camping somewhere so if anyone has any ideas and a wonderful place to do this at let me know! Ok on to this recipe. I know that many of you already have a banana bread recipe as it seems to be a staple but if you haven't found "THE" banana bread recipe then try this one...it's AMAZING...and it's from my mom and mom's always make wonderful yummy things! Before it was gone Jason was already asking me if I could make it again. Of course I said yes...but I haven't yet! Try it...you won't be dissappointed. Oh and it's super duper easy which I mean is even more wonderful!

Banana Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 C. Sugar
1/2 c. Butter or Margarine (I use butter)
2 Eggs
4 Bananas
2 C. Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

1. Cream sugar and butter

2. Add eggs and bananas

3. Add the rest of the ingredients

4. Pour into a greased loaf pan


5. Bake at 350 for 1 hour - I usually end up baking it longer as my oven takes a bit longer to get the middle to set.



ENJOY!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home