Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

I love Saturdays. Well Saturdays off that is. There is nothing like a day with nothing on your agenda. First I went and did a little Valentine's day shopping. I have never spent so much time in a card aisle. There were tons of cards and I was struggling to find the "special, perfect" card. With the shopping done I headed out to mom and dad's house. Mom and promised me coffee and monkey bread. I mean seriously who could pass that up? Brent came over and Jason and Randy stopped by as they were out in the neighborhood and couldn't pass up the monkey bread. After that, well I have done nothing. A couple loads of laundry (story of my life as many of you can relate!) and supervised my hubby trimming and putting some stuff together for the basement. I would like to let you all know its finally starting to look like a family room!! There is paint on the wall and paneling on the bottom of the walls and it's a great feeling until I look around and think of the bathroom, bedroom and laundry room to finish also. Hmmm that's depressing! Oh well it will all be worth it when we get done I tell myself. Now we are planning supper, out to Jason's dad's house for a bit tonight, and then to a wedding dance and picking up our niece form that. I'd say that's a good Saturday! On to the recipe I'm sharing this time. Spaghetti Pie is a staple from the Koehl household, you can tell I steal lots of recipes from my mom. It's a bit of a different twist on the plain old spaghetti and kids and adults seem to love it, so here it is!

Spaghetti Pie
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

7 oz uncooked spaghetti
2 eggs beaten
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese (I used real, my mom uses the stuff out of the green container, either will work!)
2 T butter
1 lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 C cottage cheese
1 C shredded mozzarella

1. Cook spaghetti until almost tender. Drain. Combine with eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter.




2. Pat the mixture into a 10 in pie plate to form a crust. You MUST have a 10 in pie plate because if you use anything smaller you'll have an overflowing mess!


3. Top crust with cottage cheese.


4. Brown hamburger, drain and add to spaghetti sauce. Put on top of cottage cheese.


5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 5-10 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home