Sunday, January 9, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

So hard to believe another weekend is coming to an end. They always seem to go way to fast and the week drags on forever. I probably didn't help that I worked Saturday. I was getting a little bit spoiled having three Saturdays off in a row due to the holidays. Now it's back to reality and working every other Saturday, which is a lot better than before. I was working three in a row, then one off so I'm thankful for every other Saturday! Jason went to Sioux Falls on Saturday to help his sister move into the condo she just bought. So happy for her just wish I could have got to see it too! He was there all day and didn't get back until late on Saturday night (long after I was in bed!). So on Saturday night I treated myself to a girls night alone with a glass of wine and hogging the TV :) Well that was in between doing dishes and laundry. You just can't ever seem to get a night totally to yourself! Today we went to Alex and bought a snow blower and of course a few other things. Jason sold his beloved 4-wheeler on Friday night and so he bought a snow blower. I still am in shock that he actually sold it and hasn't complained yet. I'm sure that will come especially in the summer! I kept asking him repeatedly if he was ok with selling it. He finally looked at me and said "Stop asking me!!! I'm fine not be quiet!" so I guess he's ok with it! Ok on to the Enchiladas. These are marvelous. Even my mom likes them and she usually hates Enchiladas. Enjoy!

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients

4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 C diced cooked chicken
10 Flour tortillas (6 inches) room temperature
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 C sour cream
1/2 C milk
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 C shredded cheddar cheese

1. In  a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.



2. Place 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13 in x 9 in baking dish.

3. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies, pour over enchiladas.



4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home