Friday, November 30, 2012

Meatball Subs

My husband gets crazy happy every time time he sees me thawing out meatballs. I've never ever seen a man get that happy when he sees meatballs. It sometimes scares me. Does your hubby ever do things like this or am I just blessed?

I really shouldn't complain because it would really suck to make supper night after night and no one ever showed thanks for it!

I mean it sucks bad enough that I have to make supper Every. Single. Night. In fact I might have just been complaining about this to my mom tonight. Sometimes I just want to come home, sit on the couch, snuggle Miss K relax. Like the hubby. I'm jealous. Often.

Instead I'm running around getting supper on the table.

One night I was on the couch when he got home and I asked him if he wanted grilled cheese for supper with leftover soup. He said that was fine. Then I looked at him and said great you can make it. Gasp. I thought his eyeballs were going to fall out of his head. To his credit he did it with minimal complaints and that was the best dang grilled cheese ever. It's always better when someone else makes it isn't it?

Oh are you surprised that I don't make an awesome meal every night? Did I have you buffaloed? Sorry! I'm lazy just like every one else!

These meatball subs come together super quick and easy. And when it's a night where I'm not feeling like cooking those are always welcome recipes!



Meatball Subs
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
6 Buns
1 lb precooked, frozen meatballs, thawed
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
2 c. Mozzarella cheese shredded
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded

1.  Put meatballs in a saucepan and cover with spaghetti sauce. Cook until the meatballs are heated all the way through.

2. Place 5-6 meatballs in each bun. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Place on baking sheet.

3. Turn broiler on. I set mine to high. Let warm up about 5 minutes. Place baking sheet with subs in oven on top rack. Broil until the cheese is melted all the way through and bun is starting to brown. Watch carefully as it will go from melting to burnt in a few seconds!


This recipe may be shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

You crack me up Julie! I never thaw meatballs out, maybe I need to try this. My hubby is usually just willing to eat my food, not excited about it, b/c I cook weird things. lol I think he'd like a meatball sub.

 
At December 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Oh my hubby would freak and does when I make "weird" stuff!!!

 
At December 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

YUMMY! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again. The party starts tomorrow at 8am CST.

Diana

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home