Monday, November 12, 2012

Microwave Caramel Corn

I was out at the in-laws today and my hubby's step-mother mixed this yummy treat up. I'm used to making my Caramel Corn in the oven. So when she started talking about a microwave caramel corn I was thinking really? Could it be possible?

She quick made this while we chatted away in the kitchen. I couldn't believe how fast it came together!

I instantly knew I had to try this out. I mean you make it in a paper bag you get to throw away instead of scrubbing. How amazing is that?!

So we went home and I quick mixed it up that afternoon. Yup it was amazing. And simple. I love my other caramel corn recipe too, but if I need a quick treat to bring somewhere I know I'll be going to this recipe.

If you get invited to a last minute holiday gathering and need a treat to share this is your baby! Plus when I looked at the recipe card she and copied off for me it said (mom) on it. A recipe that is passed down always is always amazing in my book!

Remember it's the last day to go enter the Little Baby Bumblebee going on right now!




Microwave Caramel Corn
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
16 c. popcorn (about 2/3 c. kernels)
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup
1 stick margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

1. Melt brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt in microwave for 3 minutes, stirring in one minute intervals.

2. Add vanilla and baking soda to brown sugar mixture. Mix well.

3. Put popped popcorn into a brown grocery bag. Pour brown sugar mixture over the popcorn. Shake bag.

4. Put grocery bag in microwave. Microwave for 3 minutes. After each minute take bag out and shake. After three minutes microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Shaking after each 30 second interval. Pour onto wax paper and let cool.


This recipe may be shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I can't decide whether to hug you or be super mad at you for introducing me to an easy way to make caramel corn. I mean, like, I could make this RIGHT NOW. It's dangerous...

 
At November 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I know right? Before it was like oh it's going to take so long to get the finally results is it really worth it? Now it's like oh ya give mamma some caramel corn!

 
At November 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

How easy is this?! Love it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home