Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Orgasmic Pumpkin Bars

We have Knock You Naked Bars, Crack Dip, and Crack Potatoes, so why not Orgasmic Pumpkin Bars?

I find it quite interesting that whenever I use a "descriptive" title for one of my recipes it immediately becomes one of my most popular recipes. Now if  I would have just called these "Pumpkin Bars" would you have been as likely to come on over and check this recipe out? I think not.

These yummy little treat comes from my sister-in-law, who got it from her mother, who got it from a co-worker and after that I lost track of the recipe trail. If it's made it through that many people I think it's a given that you need to make it too!

If you are looking for a simple Thanksgiving treat go ahead and make these. It's a twist on pumpkin so if you are tired of plain old pumpkin pie these would be perfect.

P.S. My hubby is already on his second bar....I think someone likes them!



Orgasmic Pumpkin Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Base
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (Reserve 1 c. for topping)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. butter, meted

Middle
1 (15 oz) can Libby's pumpkin
2 eggs
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Topping
1 c. yellow cake mix (That you reserved)
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar

1. Preheat 350 degrees

2. Mix base ingredients well and press into a 9x13 cake pan

3. Mix middle ingredients well and pour over base.

4. Mix topping well, until it's crumbly and sprinkle over middle layer.

5. Bake 50-60 minutes or until it is golden brown and middle is set.


This recipe may be shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous HungryLittleGirl said...

Oh this really sounds orgasmic!
I would love to have you share this and/or any other recipe of yours at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Link Party with a special something and a Giveaway this week. Here is the link:
http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-5-giveaway.html

Can't wait to see you there :)

 
At November 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Orgasmic is right, lol. Love these!!!!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Adorned From Above said...

These look delicious. Happy Thanksgiving. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/mason-jar-center-piece-and-wednesdays.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above
Debi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home