Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

Another month has went by so that means it's time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal day again. Where does time go? I swear I say this every time I do the Secret Recipe Club post!

For those of you who are not familiar with the SRC each month we get assigned another person's blog and we get to pick a recipe from the blog, try it and post about it. Then on "reveal" day we all post our recipe. It's fun and a great way to take a peak at other blogs and try something we might not have otherwise.

This month I was assigned the blog Carrie's Sweet Life. Now Carrie is no stranger to me so it was a blast getting to go scour her blog and find something to make. I love chicken, bacon and ranch so when I saw these Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos on her blog I knew I had to make them.

Not very often do I try a recipe and think oh my goodness I can not WAIT to make these again. But this recipe sure made me feel like this. In fact I need to make them again already. They were so yummy. Next time I would freeze half the batch and it made 20 taquitos.



Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (3 oz) package bacon bits
4 c. cooked, shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
1 (1 oz) packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
2 c. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
20 (6 in.) flour tortillas
Sea Salt
Non-stick Cooking Spray

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2. Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

3. Mix together cream cheese, chicken, bacon and cheese. Add 1/2 of the dry Ranch dressing mix, add more if you want a stronger ranch flavor. Mix well.

4. Spoon 2-3 Tbsp of chicken mixture into a tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat until tortillas are gone. Spray tops of tortillas with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with sea salt.

5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges and tops are golden brown.



Originally from: Six Sisters' Stuff

7 Comments:

At November 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Kathy Walker said...

Mmmmm....these do sound very good! Love chicken and cheese....great SRC choice.

 
At November 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Love, love, love taquitos! These sound perfect and sooooooo good! Great choice!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Yum! I'm going to make these... I made this same mixture last week and put inside cresent rolls... also good!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

These look delicious! I can't wait to make these!

 
At November 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Shiloh Barkley said...

I want to try these, but I have to say, in the picture they don't look cooked. Pre-oven picture?

 
At November 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Nope they are cooked, you just cook them till the edges are browned or they get burnt. If you enlarge the picture you can see the tips of the tortilla is browned!

 
At November 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love love taquitos. These look amazing. Bookmarked :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home