Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin French Toast

Yup. I've finally moved on from my beloved apple recipes this fall. If you miss them a few of them are Caramel Apple Cobbler, Apple Pull Apart Bread, Apple Struesel Bread and MANY more. Go check them out in my Recipe Box!

After apple comes pumpkin in my opinion. That's right it's one more step closer to that beloved holiday Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving because it's a great time to take time to reflect and remember what we truly have been blessed with in life. I have so many blessings. The latest one being Miss K of course!

The funny thing about Thanksgiving for me? I don't like turkey! That's right. I could really do without it. A sin I bet you think?

Another thing you are going to think is a sin....I don't get excited about Pumpkin pie usually. There are very few I like, but I did have one at my sister-in-laws the other weekend and liked it so maybe my taste buds are growing up?

This french toast recipe has just a hint of pumpkin and welcomes in our favorite time of year!

Pumpkin French Toast
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 Eggs
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp brown Sugar
8 slices of bread


1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk and until well combined. Add in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix until combined.

2. Dip bread into egg mixture.

3. Place bread on preheated griddle sprayed with non stick spray.  Cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Serve with syrup.

Recipe from: Semi Homemade Mom




This recipe may be shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2012 at 1:53 AM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

Too funny, I'm not big on turkey (I just need a sliver to compliment my heaping mounds of stuffing & cranberry sauce, thankyouverymuch) and pretty much detest pumpkin pie, but I do enjoy pumpkin in other goodies. I'm sure I'd love this French toast! It sounds divine.

 
At November 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm wondering why I didn't think of it before. Thanks for linking up, and linking back, at Weekend Potluck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home