Friday, October 26, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Can't say I make a lot of pork chops but I've had a few hanging out in the depths of my freezer and all of a sudden I decided it was time those bad boys be gone.

I'm on a mission. It's called using up everything in the freezer and cupboards. OK well that's not going to happen BUT I'd like to make a large dent in it. I go through spurts like this. Does anyone else?

As we were sitting eating supper the hubby glances my way and says, "So where'd you get this recipe. It's really good!"

My answer is, "Oh so I can't come up with anything on my own dear?"

Yup that's right these little pork chops were my creation.

Don't worry. That doesn't happen much. I like recipes. As in someone else has tried it before. Sure I'll adapt a few things here and there and throw in a new twist but for the most part I don't go out of my box to much.

I'm OK with that. I've embraced it. Kudos to you out there that have the ambition and time to develop recipes. We need people like you!

So if you have some pork chops hanging out in that freezer whip these up. You might even have all the ingredients on hand!


Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
4 boneless pork chops
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/8 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 

2. Mix Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, parsley, garlic powder and pepper together. Transfer to plate. 

3. Put olive oil in a frying pan and heat on medium-high. Swirl the pan to coat.
4. Dip each pork chop in the mixture. Pat to make it stick if needed.

5. Add pork chops to pan and saute for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place in a glass baking dish and baked for 8-10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 145 degrees.




This recipe may be shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

I actually just pulled pork chops out of the freezer this morning with no idea as to what I would do with them! Now I need to go see if I still have some parmesan left!

 
At October 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I sure hope you found that Parmesan Cheese :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home