Monday, October 22, 2012

Cheese Stuffed Bread Sticks

Another month has passed and it's time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal again! I love getting to check out new blogs and being "forced" to try a new recipe from them. Like any one really needs to force me to try a new recipe!

This months assignment for me was The Kitchen Witch. Perfect for Halloween huh? Rhonda is a fun loving, "biker chick" that will just lay it out how it is. I love that. We all need some good old sass in our lives.

This recipe so so super easy and wonderful that I'm in love with it. Who doesn't love a breadstick that has cheese literally oozing out of it?

I knew I had to make these by a certain date but never knew what I was going to make them with until I decided one night to make this wonderful Hearty Chili Mac to welcome in the cold and blustery weather we've been blessed with lately. I had invited my brother over for supper and knew I'd have an extra body to feed and help us eat these yummy bread sticks.

These were devoured. Amazing! And I once again got awesome sister points and maybe even some awesome wife points!

If you are looking for a treat for the big football game coming up or a side for a pasta this is it!


Cheese Stuffed Bread Sticks
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 can (13.8) oz refrigerated pizza crust
6 pieces of string cheese
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Unroll the pizza crust onto parchment lined baking sheet. Pull and shape it into a rectangle.

3. Evenly space 6 pieces of string cheese on one half of the dough. Carefully fold other half of dough over the string cheese. Using your fingers, gently press and seal along the outer edge and between the string cheese pieces.

4. Lightly brush the top with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic salt and grated cheese.

5. Place breadsticks into the oven and baked for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.

6. Cut with a pizza cutter.


18 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

Those do look really yummy! A perfect side dish to Chili, Soup well most anything I think of actually!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM , Anonymous Rachel @ The Avid Appetite said...

Oh I love Rhonda & her blog! it is so beautiful. This is a great choice...I have some chili in my freezer and I think these would go perfectly together :)

 
At October 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love cheese anything. These would be a great snack. Great post!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

These look delicious! I think I'll have to make these soon with a big pot of chili! :)

 
At October 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

YUM!!! I'm going to make these! very soon.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

Yum! Love how cheesy these are!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh yum. I'd eat the entire batch! They look amazing!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Julie, what a great idea to serve these with chili! They are so easy to make, I love them with tomato soup also...they are like grilled cheese dippers ;)
From now on I'm calling myself sassy instead of bitchy, haha.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

My son is drooling over these! I had to show him as soon as I saw them. They look great!!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Bubbe Bites said...

I love breadsticks what a great
twist.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Teri said...

These look fantastic! What a great recipe!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Chelsy Ethridge said...

Love me a good cheesy breadstick!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Yum! What a great SRC choice! I love breadsticks, but I've never thought to stuff them!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

Is it just me or did your blog get a makeover? I LOVE it! As for these breadsticks, forget the meal, just pass me a couple of these and a salad and I'm good! Is there anything better than melty cheese and bread?

 
At October 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM , Anonymous Jill said...

Love the sound of these breadsticks, never made anything like it before and can't wait to try. My family will be so impressed!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Debra Eliotseats said...

Rhonda ROCKS! I remember when she posted these. Great SRC pick.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Gloria Baker said...

these look really delicious!!

 
At October 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

oh wow! How easy is this! What a great idea, and any bread stuffed with cheese has to be good

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home