Monday, July 23, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Peanuts

It's time for Secret Recipe Club Reveal day again! This month I was assigned Big Bears Wife. Oh my goodness her blog is a gold mine of great recipes! For example she just posts Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups I think I'm going to have to try.

I picked out her Cinnamon Sugar Cashews to make. I might have, just might have spaced that I had to do this on the 23rd of July and waited until the last minute. It's a total bummer I did this because she has so many great recipes to try and I wish I would have had more time! Oh well, guess I'll pin them for later! These were excellent and would make an awesome little treat at Christmas in goodie bags. The only thing that confused me as why she calls them "Cinnamon" Sugar Cashews, because cinnamon isn't in the recipe. I did substitute the cashews for peanuts as they were what I had on hand. They were still yummy!

I have a bit going on in my life and I go back to work today after my 7 1/2 weeks off with my baby, Miss Kinzee Marie. It's hard for this Momma, as I assumed it is for most of us! I know she is with a wonderful daycare mom but I'm still having major separation anxiety. I can't wait until we get settle into a routine.



Cinnamon Sugar Cashews
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. peanuts (or any other nut)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and generously spray the wax paper with cooking spray.

2. Beat egg white and vanilla in a bowl. Pour peanuts into the egg mixture and stir to coat nuts evenly.

3. Combine both sugars in a small bowl with a lid. Add the peanuts to the sugar mixture. Cover with lid and shake until the peanuts are all coated.

4. Pour the peanuts onto your lined baking sheet. Make sure they are spread out in an even mixture.

5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring peanuts every 15 minutes so they don't stick and burn.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At July 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love candied nuts! This look delicious! Great SRC pick!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

I think it is hilarious that you still called them "cinnamon" when there isn't any in the recipe! HaHa had a good laugh!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos said...

Great recipe choice :)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Totally Pinning this - Looks Great!

Here is my SRC recipe
http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2012/07/brownie-trifle-secret-recipe-club.html

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Teri said...

Candied nuts are the best, and these look delicious. You are right~they are the perfect treat to fill up a little gift bag at Christmas!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I just made spicy nuts for the first time, now I totally want to try these! Thanks!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Debra Eliotseats said...

Angie has a great site, doesn't she? These look really tasty. I think i will pin them.

 
At July 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger heidi said...

Looks like a great snack!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Adorned From Above said...

Great Recipe
Debi

 
At July 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I would love to make this. What a great SRC pick. Pinning this one!

 
At July 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmm!! Those look delicious. Any kind of candied nuts are delightful in my book! :) Great pick for SRC!

 
At July 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

haha, I called them "Cinnamon" Sugar Cashews because that's what they're called at the fair. lol. but yeah, now that you mention it, it probably wasn't be best idea to call them that since there is no cinnamon in them. I blame it on my "learning" days lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home