Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rhubarb Crunch

I can't being to brag this recipe up enough. I seriously look forward to it every spring when we have fresh rhubarb. In fact this spring I called my mom and asked if she had rhubarb ready for this dessert yet because mine wasn't ready. And of course this is another one of my mom's recipes! Lucky for me her rhubarb was ready WAY before mine and she treated me to this. It's the best warm out of the oven but I'll take it anytime. After Miss Kinzee was born she brought over supper for us the first night we were home and she brought this for dessert. How rockin' is my mom?

My hubby even gobbles this one up and he's a Mr. Rhubarb Hater. The top is a crunchy topping but yet it melts in your mouth. Hubby said if I could just make the topping he'd eat the whole pan in one sitting.

If you still have rhubarb and you are looking for something different to make with it I promise you won't go wrong with this recipe even if you have rhubarb haters in your house they might love it too! Plus the hardest thing about this recipe is cutting up the rhubarb so if you can handle that then you are good to go!



Rhubarb Crunch
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
6 c. rhubarb, cut into pieces
2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 yellow cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted

1. Mix eggs, sugar, flour, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir in rhubarb.

2. Spread over bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Evenly sprinkle dry cake mix over rhubarb mixture. Pour melted butter over top of entire mixture.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to 1 hour.

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Betsy Brock said...

yum! I think I may have had this recipe years ago. It's very good! :)

 
At July 24, 2012 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Simply Tasheena said...

This looks amazing!

PS: Thank you for linking up to Show Me What You Got Tuesday's @ ODH via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/07/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-24.html

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home