Friday, June 29, 2012

Gooey Butter Bars

These little devils are heavenly. I mean melt in your mouth amazing.

I was quickly informed by my hubby that these are a "keeper". I'm so glad he's starting to talk to my language and quickly informs me what his thoughts are about a recipe.

The best part about these bars is it's all common ingredients that I usually have on hand, so when I need to whip up a quick patch of bars at a moments notice I have the ingredients and they are so super duper easy. Plus they taste amazing so you can't really go wrong!

The recipe says you can freeze them and they never get hard so you can just grab and go at anytime. I can not say that any of our bars made it to the freezer so I can't assure you this works but I would think it would!



Gooey Butter Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Crust
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 egg
1 pkg yellow cake mix

Filling
2 eggs
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened



1. Mix crust ingredients together and pat into bottom of greased 9x13 inch pan.

2. Beat together filling ingredients and spread on top of crust.

3. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

*May freeze. They don't get hard in the freeze, so you can grab at anytime!

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

EXACTLY my kind of dessert - I'm in love with cream cheese, so these are just perfect. Thanks so much for linking these up at Weekend Potluck. MMM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home