Monday, June 18, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake

It's another Secret Recipe Club Reveal day! This month I was assigned A Spoonful of Thyme for a blog. She had all kinds of recipes, but I choose the Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake because something about it had me saying "SUMMER" and I wasn't disappointed.

The lemon isn't overpowering at all. There's just a hint of it so I could sneak it by my hubby. That's right the man that doesn't like blueberries or lemon actually liked this!

My mom stopped in to see baby Kinzee and this was fresh out of the oven so she snatched a piece and raved about it also. If you are looking for something fresh and summery for a treat I highly recommend this!



Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
4 oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour, divided
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz lemon low-fat yogurt


Glaze - Optional
1/2 c. powdered sugar
4 tsp lemon juice



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Beat first 3 ingredients in a mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add eggs , one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.


  • 3. In a small bowl, measure the 3 cups of flour. Remove 2 Tbsp and sprinkle over the blueberries, gently stirring and tossing to coat.
  • 4. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Fold in blueberry mixture. Pour cake batter into a bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. 
6. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Let cake cool completely.
  • 7. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake. Cut with a serrated knife. Optional!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At June 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Kathy Walker said...

Hi Julie! I am so happy that you enjoyed the blueberry Lemon Pound Cake. I know we like it at our house. Great SRC post.

 
At June 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos said...

Such great summer flavors in this - it's a must try!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Oh yum! I love blueberries, and this looks fantastic! I can't wait until blueberries are in season so I can make this :)

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger heidi said...

You can never go wrong with blueberries in a cake - looks delicious!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Erin said...

This looks wonderful! I like that the lemon isn't over powering. I'm not a huge lemon fan but a hint is delicious! I bet it was amazing warm out of the oven!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I love blueberry anything - this looks yummyyyyyy!!!

My recipe from SRC today was wonderful too! Come check it out! http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2012/06/german-chocolate-cracker-candy-secret.html

 
At June 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great cake, no wonder your mom raved C:

 
At June 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Teri said...

I would love a piece right now! Looks delicious!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

It does look like the perfect summer treat and one you could enjoy for dessert or breakfast!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Gloria Baker said...

Look georgeous I love blueberries too!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Blueberries seem to be a favorite ingredient this month. Which is great because I love blueberries! This bundt looks delicious. Lemon and blueberries are a perfect combo. Great SRC pick.

 
At June 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Your cake looks delicious, great SRC choice.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Candied Popcorn.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At June 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds so yummy! Blueberry and lemon is such a classic combination that never gets old. Awesome choice for SRC!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Jennifer {Mother Thyme} said...

I love the combination of blueberries and lemon. This looks delicious especially with the lemon low fat yogurt. Great choice for SRC!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home