Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oreo Puddin' Poke Cake

A few weeks ago I called my nephew and asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He really couldn't come up with much other than a gift card and of course he wanted a cake. No preference what kind of cake so I was left to my own to figure out what cake to try out on him.

I was searching high and low and I came across the The Country Cook's Oreo Puddin' Poke Cake. It looked and sounded divine. I had previously tried her Spasanga recipe and posted it for you. I figured since I loved that recipe so much she wouldn't lead me astray with this new cake recipe. And boy was I right! I love her blog. It just "talks" to me. I think we are kindred souls or something or just share the same taste buds!

I made this cake and delivered it to my nephew. The night I was making the cake the hubby was literally drooling over it and asked what I was making him. I sheepishly said nothing and that it was for the nephew. He wasn't too impressed. Luckily I told my nephew and he was sure to said a big piece home with me for his uncle. Of course his dad grinned and said better take a picture and post that on the ol' blog! After inhaling the cake my hubby looks at me and said when are you making the next one? I take that as a sign of a mega hit!



Oreo Puddin' Poke Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 box chocolate cake mix (Plus ingredients to make cake)
2 (4 oz.) packages of Instant Oreo pudding
4 c. milk (2% or higher)
Crushed Oreo cookies (optional)

1. Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a greased 9x13 pan.

2. Right before the cake is done mix the pudding mixes and milk in a bowl. Make sure to whisk out all of the lumps. Let the pudding mixture sit for about 2 minutes. You want it somewhat thickened but not set like pudding.

3. When cake is done, immediately poke holes over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon in about 1 in. intervals. Pour pudding mixture over warm cake. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes. Put in the fridge to set up which takes about an hour.




4. When cake is set sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies. If you don't plan on eating all the cake just sprinkle Oreos on what you will eat or they get soggy.

Recipe from: The Country Cook


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

This looks delicious! Yummy. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home