Friday, January 20, 2012

Goof Balls

I'm stuck. On dessert. Have you noticed?

Don't worry I've ate other meals, but nothing worth writing about it. It seems like I'm a on a cooking block...instead of writer's block. Nothing is scrumptious enough to share with you other than my tried and true recipes. Wish me luck on getting out of my slump!

This yummy little Goof Balls are addicting. Terribly addicting. I always make them for Christmas, but I should really make them more often, or not. The thing is ... they'd go straight to my hips. My hips are plenty big as it is so I might ban them to Christmastime.

The recipe originates from my Aunt Cheryl. She's a master in the kitchen. I knew I "had" to have the recipe when I had them the first time. She also makes one wicked apple pie. I have that recipe yet.. but I have yet to attempt that one. Pies scare me. I need to embrace them and get over my fear. Someday a pie might just show up on this little old blog if you are lucky!


Goof Balls
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1/4 lb soft butter
2 c. crunchy peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
3 c. Rice Krispies

12 oz semi sweet choc chips (or white almond bark)
1 tbsp Crisco

1. Combine butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and Rice Krispies. Chill 1 hr.

2. Form mixture into balls the size of a walnut. Melt chocolate chips or almond bark with the Crisco in a double boiler (you can microwave this also). Dip balls into chocolate mixture.

3. Set on waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Simplyfood said...

Very delicious simIlar to cake pops.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Tabitha (a.k.a. Penny) said...

Looks so simple! Thanks for linking these up at Weekend Potluck. I have everything I need but the chunky peanut butter. I do have smooth and some peanuts. I might give it a try.

Pinning to my desserts board.

 
At January 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute name for such a great recipe! Simple and sweet, a winner in my books.
Thanks for linking up to Weekend Potluck!
~Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

 
At February 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

looks so simple too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home