Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tuna Macaroni Hotdish

Yes that's right. Hotdish. Not casserole. I'm a true Minnesotan and proud of it! So let me be and embrace the "Hotdish".

This recipe actually come from my Grandma Wiese who was a North Dakotan originally but we'll still call it a hotdish. I was craving this something fierce for the last week for some unknown reason. Maybe it was because it screams "comfort food" to me and it brings back all those memories of being at Grandma's house. A place where I only have great memories. I'm sure she was smiling down on me when I was making this and my hubby was gobbling it up! She also made some amazing chicken and dumplings. I wonder if my mom snagged that recipe. I'm not sure if it would ever taste the same without Grandma's love though!

This recipe is about the easiest thing to make on a busy weeknight. I'm all about those recipes and I'm guessing you are too!


Tuna Macaroni Hotdish
Printer Friendly Recipe


Ingredients
2 boxes Mac & Cheese, prepared according to box
2 cans tuna, drained
2 cans cream of celery soup
Bread Crumbs

1. Prepare Mac & Cheese according to directions on box. I always use the good 'ol "blue box" but feel freeze to use whatever you would like.

2. Mix together the prepared Mac & Cheese, cream of celery soup and tuna in a bowl. Put in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Aunty Pol said...

LOL...My mother's family all came from Sweden and landed in Minnesota..I still make my grandmothers hotdish which is a favorite of the hubby and my comfort food..Ufda !

WAVING from Houston, you bettcha !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home